Purchasing a home can be the biggest financial...
Top 5 questions to ask yourself when joining a Real Estate Brokerage
Choosing a Brokerage can be a daunting task. There are so many factors to consider when making the decision. The best advice I give our potential recruit is, "you're not a tree". This means that you make the best decision you can at the time you're searching and if that isn't what you expected or the company isn't living up to their end of the bargain, make a change.
The top 5 reasons to join any Brokerage are:
1. Does it feel like a great fit? Yes this is a gut feeling. This matters because if you don’t feel at home then it’s really difficult to be productive.
2. Is the office a community that is built on being productive? This means, are the agents at that office “working” everyday. Like anything if you surround yourself with people doing what you want to do it will rub off. Want to be productive? Don't join an office that values social time over lead generation.
3. What does the training calendar look like? Ask the office to see the calendar. I’ve never interviewed an office manager that didn’t have “amazing” training. NEWS FLASH, most offices have really bad training. Don’t take the recruiters word for it, make them show you. Go to some classes. Inspect what you expect.
4. What systems does the Brokerage use? CRM, accountability and lead generation. And how do they help you with these important tasks.
5. And do you like the person you are giving your money too. You are the client, remember who pays who. As an agent you are the client. The Brokerage needs to be focused on their client YOU. Make sure you're treated as one.
Real Estate Broker and Co-Owner of Davenport realty. Wes has been a licenced Real Estate Salesperson since 2004. Wes has moved into a leadership role over last last 5 years and opened Davenport Re....
Latest Blog Posts
I knew that when I made the decision to become a real estate agent, if there was an opportunity to assist seniors in the ordeal (and I call it an ordeal - because it can be and was in my experience